Becoming a Mom® Free Prenatal Classes
Being pregnant and having a baby is a wonderful experience, yet it can be scary, too! Whether you are experiencing a pregnancy for the first time or the fourth time, each experience is different and can create new challenges and concerns. The more you can learn with each pregnancy, the better you will be able to care for yourself and your baby and the healthier you will both be.
That’s why Newman Regional Health is proud to offer a FREE group education class called the Lyon County Becoming a Mom®.
The program consists of 6 sessions held on consecutive Tuesdays from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in the Newman Regional Health Conference Center.
Download the 2020 class schedule: click here
Download the Becoming a Mom® brochure: click here
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to Covid-19 concerns, there have been several safety guidelines implemented for the programs conducted by the Women’s Life Center.
- Only 10 people per class
- Seating will be limited to 6 feet apart
- Moms will wear a mask during classes
- All moms will undergo a temperature and verbal screening
- Moms with ANY symptoms of ANY illness will not be able to attend.
Becoming a Mom® classes will help you:
- Interact with other pregnant women
- Share your experiences and concerns
- Learn more about common pregnancy experiences
- Learn more about labor and delivery
- Learn how to be successful with breastfeeding
- Learn how to calm your baby
Prenatal Care: What to expect from your prenatal care – ask questions & get answers to all your concerns
Pregnancy Health: Learn how stress, certain foods, and many other things can affect your pregnancy
Signs and Symptoms of Preterm Labor/Labor and Delivery: Why last weeks of pregnancy matter
Infant Feeding/Breastfeeding Basics: What to expect & how to overcome problems with breastfeeding even for the experienced breastfeeding mom
Infant Care/Happiest Baby on the Block/Period of Purple Crying/SIDS Reduction
Postpartum Recovery/Interconception Health: Regaining health between pregnancies
- Participants will receive a gift for attending each session
- Attend all 6 sessions and earn a free Pack ‘N Play or other prize from the prize board
- This program utilizes the March of Dimes Becoming a Mom®/Comenzado bien curriculum
- Supported by the Kansas Department of Health & Environment, March of Dimes and Capital Federal Foundation
Newman Regional Health Conference Center, 1201 W 12th Ave, Emporia, KS 66801 (Google map)
Join the Lyon County Becoming a Mom® group on Facebook today – click here!