100 Years – A Century of Caring

Historical Photos

Under construction in 1921.
The east side of the original building in the late 1920s.
Adoption babies
Nursery in the 1930s
Babies in 1926
The beautiful Lilly pond in front of the hospital was planned and planted by Mrs. W.A.White. It was later filled in because of the hazard it presented to small children.
The cook and her assistants in the hospital’s first kitchen.
Areal photo of the east entrance
Areal overview. Date unknown
The main operating room was in the northeast corner of the 4th floor.
You can see the nursing student’s dorms outside the windows.
The Annex or “Contagion House” was located southwest of the hospital and was utilized for patients with Chicken Pox, Scarlet Fever, Measles, and other infectious diseases.
Delivery room in the 1930s
An X-ray patient in the 1930s
Early X-ray equipment. The hospital acquired their first X-ray equipment later in the 1920s
West side of the original hospital
1927 training school class
Sun bath treatment for tuberculosis
Early sterilization equipment
A private patient room in the 1930s
Tonsil room equipment
Infant health support in the 1960s

Connect With Us

Newman Regional Health
1201 W 12th Avenue
Emporia, KS 66801
620-343-6800
Newman Medical Plaza
1301 W 12th Avenue
Emporia, KS 66801
English EN Spanish ES