If you are a patient and need assistance, please notify your nurse or Care Coordination department at (620) 343-6800 ext. 24102.
Providing the Highest Quality Patient Care for Adults and Children
Newman Regional Health hospital practices total patient care to foster a close rapport between nurses, patients, families, and physicians, as well as other members of the healthcare team. Our highly trained nurses communicate with your physician and provide compassionate care to our patients. From a caring voice and an extra warm blanket to a late night snack and a friendly smile, our nurses make the difference.
Our caring pediatric nurses are specialty trained in surgical care, wound care, general medical outpatient treatment including infusion therapy and pediatrics. Our attentive nurses will take good care of your little ones while they are at Newman Regional Health. In addition to planning and providing care for each child, the nurses fill many roles, such as patient advocate and teacher.
The 17-bed medical, surgical, telemetry and pediatric unit is located on the third floor of Newman Regional Health. We offer private rooms complete with a family lounge.
Just a few of the many services offered by our 3rd Floor Nurses and professionals:
- Administration of IV medication
- Monitoring heart rhythms through cardiac monitoring (telemetry)
- Assisting with mobility of patents
- Providing education to patients and families regarding medications, dietary restrictions, and activity
- Providing disease specific education and how to effectively manage at home.
- Monitor patient vital signs and lab values and report abnormal values to the providers to assist them in determining the best treatment for our patients.
At Newman Regional Health, patients do not have to be physically moved to a different room or unit when they are transferred from acute bed status to skilled bed status. For our patients’ convenience, they remain in their own rooms if their status changes. We found that changing patients to “skilled” status and allowing patients to stay in the same room provides many benefits including:
- More time to recover following an illness or surgery
- Less expensive care than an acute hospitalization
- Helps to keep patients oriented to surroundings and staff
- Reduces the possibility of lost items
- Reduces relocation confusion for friends and family
As patients progress, one factor that always remains constant is the devoted attention of our highly skilled nursing staff.
In addition to “skilled” care, our nursing staff also provides services in
- Skilled Care Admissions
- In-Patient rehabilitation
- Medical Surgical care
- Group and public speaking about skilled care and rehabilitation
Contact the Skilled Nursing Department at (620) 343-6800, ext. 22295 or by mobile phone (620)794-0739 for more information.
The Care Coordination team at NRH works with patients, families, and the entire care team to advocate for and assist our patients with problem solving personal or environmental difficulties that may arise during an illness. We have excellent staff that strive to ensure that the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of our patients are met, both while they are a patient, as well as after discharge.
Our staff facilitates post-discharge services including:
- Home health aides and hospice care
- Nursing home placement
- Home and community-based service referrals
- A variety of outpatient services
- Medical follow-up
We can also assist with arranging for requested pastoral or spiritual care through our Volunteer Chaplain program or contact with a specific clergy member identified by the patient.
The needs of the patient are addressed by providing social service support, crisis support, and discharge planning assistance.
Our Care Coordination team can also assist patients with the completion of advance directives such as living wills or durable power of attorney for healthcare.
Non-English speaking patients
Language interpretation and other communication services are provided for our patients who have needs.
All Care Coordination services, including interpretation, are provided at no cost to our patients. Our team consists of licensed social workers, registered nurse case managers, and clinical documentation improvement specialists.