Ryan LaSota, MD
Family Medicine and Sports Medicine
Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Family Medicine
1301 West 12th Avenue.
Emporia, KS 66801
Ryan LaSota, MD has been practicing medicine at Newman regional Health Medical Partners Family Medicine since 2013. His treatment philosophy revolves around two key themes; treat patients in a way that a doctor would like to be treated and give patients a choice when it comes to their medical care.
Dr. LaSota practices family medicine seeing patients for a variety of issues throughout their lives. He also adds an additional focus on sports medicine to his practice so that he can provide a well-balanced treatment plan for patients who are suffering from conditions common to rigorous activities and work-related injuries.
Dr. LaSota and his wife Anna, also a family physician with Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Family Medicine, have two children, Leah and Carter.
As a family, they are avid sports fans and go to many sporting events, enjoy outdoor activities, and spend time traveling.
He served as the Newman Regional Health Medical Staff President in 2020.
Dr. LaSota is the Medical Director for Emporia State University Athletics.
“With a problematic spine condition, I have seen many Doctors throughout the years. Dr. Ryan IS THE ONLY ONE that listens and genuinely engages in helping YOU . He doesn’t look at you like a number or CASE, he actually communicates with you. BY FAR,, THE ONLY DOCTOR I CARE TO EVER SEE AGAIN!!”Jeremy Taylor – May 12th, 2020
“At the initial visit he was very courteous. He spent enough time with me to discuss everything I needed to discuss. He is very good at explaining your options for medications and procedures.”Verified Patient – November 8th, 2016
Ryan LaSota, MD Credentials and Education
- Pittsburg State University, Bachelor of Science, Biology
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Residency – UKSM-W Family Medicine Residency at Via Christi
- Fellowship – UKSM-W Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Medical Director – Emporia State University Athletics
Ryan LaSota, MD Certifications
- American Board of Family Medicine, Diplomate
- American Board of Family Medicine, Certificate of Additional Qualification, Sports Medicine
Ryan LaSota, MD Licensure
- KS State Medical License
Ryan LaSota, MD Specialties
- Newborn care
- General pediatrics
- Sports physicals
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic disease management
- Musculoskeletal injections
- Toenail removal
- Minor skin lesion removal
Ryan LaSota, MD Specialties Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- UKSM-W Via Christi Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellow
- UKSM-W Via Christi Family Medicine Residency Chief Resident
- Selected Best Physician 2019 – Emporia Gazette Reader’s Choice Awards