Matthew Turner, MD
Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Surgical Specialists
1301 West 12th Avenue.
Emporia, KS 66801
Following his surgical residency in Buffalo, NY, Dr. Turner began his practice at Newman Regional Health Medical Medical Partners in 2012.
As a general surgeon, Dr. Turner has knowledge of the entire surgical process, from the initial evaluation through preparation, procedure, and post-operative management.
He is familiar with a wide range of conditions and the use of minimally invasive procedures when applicable.
Dr. Turner and his wife, Alaska, have four children and reside in Emporia. He is a serious music fan and moon watcher.
“Polite, respectful, and professional staff never leaves a question unanswered.”Joshua in Emporia, KS – May 2021
“If you find yourself needing surgery,never any fun, I highly recommend Dr Turner. He is very professional but down to earth at the same time. His nurse Jane is extremely helpful and friendly. I give him a five. So does my husband.”WebMD review, December 2020
Matthew Turner, MD Credentials and Education
- Graduated from Brigham Young University, Provo, UT with a bachelors of arts degree
- Completed post baccalauereate studies, University Of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Public Health Program, University of Utah Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Graduated from the University Of Utah School Of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT with a degree in medicine.
- Completed general surgery residency at State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
Matthew Turner, MD Certifications
- The American Board of Surgery
Matthew Turner, MD Licensure
- KS State Medical License
Matthew Turner, MD Specialties
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Esophagealduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Breast Biopsies
- Gastrointestinal resections
- Gall Bladders
- Skin Procedures
- Wound Care
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- General surgery