Helena Stormont, APRN-C
Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
1301 W. 12th Avenue,
Emporia, KS 66801
Helena Stormont is a certified advanced practice registered nurse practicing medicine at Newman Regional Health Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. For more than 20 years, Helena has served the greater Emporia community in many capacities in the medical, surgical, emergency, family medicine, and college health fields. She has been with Newman Regional Health for more than 16 years.
She began her career in orthopedics and sports medicine in 2009. She completed training in Occupational Health/Work Comp injuries and treatment 2011.
Helena was raised in Howard, Kansas, and has been a resident of Emporia and Lyon County since 1997 when she began her studies at Emporia State University. She and her husband Scott Stormont, Patrol Captain at Emporia Police Department, have two children.
She loves spending time with her immediate and extended family and watching her kid’s sports activities.
“Had an appointment with Helena Stormont yesterday at Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. Helena was great once again. She’s high spirited and very informative. Also, a shout out to receptionist Lorraine who’s very sweet and understanding over the phone. She was very accommodating in helping me reschedule my appointment to get me in to see Helena ASAP.”J Farrow, April 2022
Helena Stormont, APRN-C Credentials and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing: Emporia State University School of Nursing
- Wichita State University School of Nursing: Master’s Degree in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Helena Stormont, APRN-CCertifications
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Board Certified in Family Medicine
Helena Stormont, APRN-C Licensure
- Kansas State Board of Nursing as Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Helena Stormont, APRN-C Specialties
- Injections for arthritis in the shoulders, hips, and knees.
- Viscosupplementation Treatment
- Treatment of fractures in youth and adults.
- Post-operative treatment after Total Knee and Total Hip replacements.
- Diagnosis of common injuries and conditions.
- Post-operative treatment procedures performed by collaborating physicians.
Helena Stormont, APRN-C Awards & Honors
- Frances Stout Award from Newman Division of Nursing.