Inpatient Occupational Therapy
The occupational therapy staff at Newman Regional Health provides inpatient care for people of all ages, from pediatrics to older adults.
The goal of occupational therapy is to help people achieve the highest level of independence possible and to participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations).
- Use of adaptive equipment
- Activity modification
- Rehabilitative techniques
- Home modification
Following a thorough evaluation, an occupational therapist will tailor a treatment plan dedicated to restoring maximum functional ability. Therapists work individually and closely monitor progress and modify programs as required.
Outpatient Occupational Therapy Services
- Custom upper extremity orthotic fabrication
- Pre-fabricated splint fitting and modification
- Strengthening/range of motion
- Joint protection training
- Wound, scar, and edema management
- Nerve desensitization
- Adaptive equipment and activities of daily living training
- Energy conservation training
- Work simplification
- Body mechanics and ergonomic protection techniques
Newman Therapy Services
1201 West 12th Avenue
Emporia, KS 66801
Phone: (620) 342-4100
Fax: (620) 340-6187