The Newman Regional Health Volunteers’ Healthcare Scholarship Program
Applications accepted the first week of May through the first full week of July.
General Overview for the Healthcare Scholarship:
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing their education in healthcare. Areas may include, but not limited to, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical and occupational therapy, nutritionist, and other non-clinical healthcare fields.
Non-healthcare fields are the essential behind-the-scenes jobs such as community healthcare worker, medical secretary, medical transcripts, wellness coordinator, patient advocate, health educator or information tech, vocational rehab counselor, medical social worker and healthcare manager, and many more.”
You can obtain a scholarship application by downloading and completing the Application Form.
- Applicants must have graduated from a high school in one of the following counties: Lyon, Chase, Greenwood, Osage, Morris or Coffey county.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative high school or college GPA 3.0.
- Applicants must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited Kansas university, community college, or technical college, and be pursuing a degree and/or certification leading to a health-related career. This could be a current class schedule or transcript. Transcripts may be unofficial.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 hrs. or its equivalent set by specific department standards).
- Employees of Newman Regional Health pursuing advanced certification and/or degrees may also apply. A combination of work hours and class enrollment must equal full-time status.
620-343-6800, ext 22525