The Newman Regional Health Volunteers’ Healthcare Scholarship Program
Applications are excepted from May 1, 2023 through July 7, 2023
General Overview of Healthcare Scholarships:
The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing their education in healthcare. Areas may include, but not limited to, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical and occupational therapy, nutrition, and other non-clinical healthcare fields.
Healthcare support fields are the essential behind-the-scenes jobs such as community healthcare worker, medical secretary, medical transcripts, wellness coordinator, patient advocate, health educator or information tech, vocational rehab counselor, medical social worker, healthcare manager, and many more.
You can obtain a scholarship application by downloading and completing the Application Form.
- Applicants must have graduated from a high school in one of the following counties: Lyon, Chase, Greenwood, Osage, Morris, or Coffey county.
- Current Newman Regional Health Employees are exempt from the High School county graduate requirement.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative high school or college GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited Kansas university, community college, or technical college, and be pursuing a degree and/or certification leading to a health-related career. This could be a current class schedule or transcript. Transcripts may be unofficial.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 hrs) or its equivalent set by specific department standards.
- Employees of Newman Regional Health pursuing advanced certification and/or degrees may also apply. A combination of work hours and class enrollment must equal full-time status.
- Non-Traditional/Post college graduate applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
620-343-6800, ext 22525