Visitation Policy During Reopening:
Emergency Room, Clinical Decision Unit, Hospital Inpatient
To help ensure a healthy and safe environment for patients, staff and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, visitation will be limited. Virtual visitation will continue to be encouraged.
- Patients will be permitted to have up to two (2) visitors at a time during visitation hours.
- Visitors must be screened upon entry and may be asked to leave if screening is concerning for COVID 19 infection.
- Visitors must sign in and out. They will be issued a visitation pass.
- Visitors should stay in the patient’s room as much as possible while in the facility.
- Visits will be limited to the current 10:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. visiting hours when feasible.
- Visitor(s) will be selected by the patient, the patient’s decision maker if necessary or appropriate hospital staff if a decision maker is not available.
- Visitors must wear a procedure or cloth mask at all times while in the hospital as determined by the circumstances as described below.
- Visitation by confirmed, probable or symptomatic persons is not allowed, except if the patient is in an end of life situation. Visitor must visit alone and wear a procedure mask at all times.
- Visitation of a confirmed, probable or PUI COVID patient requires visitors to wear appropriate PPE while in the hospital.
- Visitors under 18 will not be allowed
Hospital Outpatient, Diagnostic, and Physician Office Visits
To help ensure a healthy and safe environment for patients, staff and our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, visitors will not be allowed in these locations.
An attendant may accompany a patient with a demonstrated need, such as patients who are minors or those with cognitive or physical limitations.
- Attendants screening positive will not be allowed to accompany the patient and will be asked to leave their cell phone number and wait in their car while staff assist the patient.
- Staff will call the attendant after the visit and will deliver the patient to the Entrance “B” or “C” Canopy for pickup while wearing appropriate transport PPE.
- Attendants screening negative will be given a “Pass” and must wear a cloth mask until leaving the hospital or clinic.
- Designated waiting areas within each outpatient service area will be provided for children who cannot be left at home alone safely while accompanying a parent seeking outpatient services.