Newman Regional Health Enforces High-Restriction Visitation Guidelines
(Emporia, KS) — Effective Tuesday, March 17, Newman Regional Health will enforce a new, high-restriction visitor limitation as a preventive COVID-19 measure to further protect patients, staff, and community members from exposure to the virus.
- Visitation hours remain 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- Visitors must use Entrance F on the east side of the hospital and complete a successful verbal health screening with Security before further direction is given.
- Visitors for inpatients, outpatient Clinical Decision Unit, Emergency Room and Express Care will be allowed only under special circumstances and are limited to immediate family only (e.g., parent, child, sibling, or significant other).
- There will be no visitors in the Same Day Surgery pre-operative area or Operating Room and Cath Lab recovery areas. One (1) visitor may remain in the Same Day Surgery or Cath Lab waiting areas after a successful verbal health screening.
- Only one (1) visitor is allowed to accompany a patient for outpatient clinic or hospital appointments after completing a successful verbal health screening at Registration.
Further safety measures initiated by Newman Regional Health include the following:
- Snack Bar, Gift Shoppe, and Volunteer information desks are closed until further notice.
- Phones will be placed on all information desks to call the switchboard for information or directions.
Fiscal Services/Billing office is closed to the public until further notice. Patients may pay their bill online at www.newmanrh.org/billpay, mail in payment, or call (620) 343-6800
x21153 for a billing representative.
Screening questions that all patients and visitors will be required to answer include:
- Are you experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled outside the state of Kansas within the last 14 days?
- Have you attended a mass gathering (e.g., conference, cruise, concert) within the last 14 days?
- Have you been notified that you were in close contact with a person who tested positive or is currently being evaluated for COVID-19?
COVID-19 tests must be pre-approved by KDHE Epidemiology. Patients MUST have a medical referral for the test from their provider, Flint Hills Community Health Center, or the hospital.
Please continue to call prior to visiting Newman Regional Health in order for us to successfully implement the screening process prior to any unscheduled visit to your family provider, Express Care, and the Emergency Department.