FLU: One Bad Bug!
Influenza poses one of the world’s greatest infectious disease challenges. CDC programs protect the United States from seasonal and pandemic influenza. When a new flu virus emerges, with pandemic potential, that can infect people and spread globally, CDC is prepared and ready to respond.
3 things to know about flu season [Streaming, 2 min 25 sec]
CDC epidemiologist Michelle Hughes answers three commonly asked questions about flu season.
- Do you know if flu will be bad this flu season?
- What should I do if I have flu symptoms?
- How can I tell if I have flu or a cold?
How to protect yourself this flu season [Streaming, 3 min 19 sec]
CDC epidemiologist Michelle Hughes answers four commonly asked questions about how to protect yourself this flu season.
- Why should I get a flu vaccine?
- How effective will the flu vaccine be this year?
- Is it too late for me to get vaccinated this year?
- How else can I protect myself from flu besides getting vaccinated?