Dominic V. (Mick) Hurley, MD, FACC, FCCP, FSCAI, FSVM
Dominic V. Hurley, MD
Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Cardiology
1301 W 12th Ave.
Emporia, KS 66801
Dr. Hurley has been on the staff of Newman Regional Health Medical Partners Cardiology as an Interventional Cardiologist since 2016.
Prior to joining the cardiology practice in Emporia, KS, Doctor Hurley cared for patients in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Following more than a decade in private practice, Dr. Hurley returned to the hospital community and practiced cardiology in Sioux City, Iowa. In 2015, Dr. Hurley moved to Kansas and practiced cardiology in Pittsburg, Garden City, and Emporia.
Dr. Hurley is an accomplished cardiologist with nearly 4 decades of experience in the field. After receiving his Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of South Dakota School of Medicine, he furthered his education and acquired experience at the world-renowned Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, MN.
Dr. Hurley received his degree in Interventional Cardiology in 1988 in Rochester. He has held directorship-level positions at hospitals and has served in clinical instructor roles including Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine in Sioux Falls, SD.
Dr. Hurley has multiple peer-reviewed scholarly works, has presented more than 20 peer-to-peer lectures concerning cardiac issues, and has participated in many clinical studies.
March 2020 – “Dr. Hurley and all of his staff are the finest physician and staff I’ve dealt with all my life.”
January 2020 – “I think, okay, I say I’m an old lady, and not all, not everybody’s nice to old ladies, but they’re very good to me there. I feel well taken care of there.”
September 2019 – “Dr. Hurley excellent!”
August 2019 – “Dr. Hurley was my husband’s doctor. We were so pleased with all the care and attention and Sunday night that he came in an emergency type situation and we were just really pleased with him and we feel he’s very capable.”
- KS State Medical License
- SD State Medical License
- MN State Medical License
- IA State Medical License
- NE State Medical License
- IN State Medical License
Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Fellow, Society for Vascular Medicine
- Cardiac catheterization – femoral, radial, and brachial approach
- Percutaneous coronary intervention
- Percutaneous aortic balloon valvuloplasty
- Intra-aortic balloon and Impella LV assist catheter insertion
- Myocardial biopsy
- Arterial and central venous catheterization
- Temporary pacemaker insertion
- Implantation of a permanent pacemaker, ILR, and ICD
- Peripheral vascular catheterization
- Endovascular intervention including renal and peripheral arteries
- Cardiovascular consultation
- ECG, Holter, and event recorder
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
- Stress testing
- Stress echo and nuclear myocardial imaging
- Pacemaker, ILR, ICD analysis
- Doppler/Duplex of arteries and veins including carotid and renal arteries.
- Vascular Interpretation
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac Critical Care
Credentials and Education
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine: Interventional Cardiology
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine: Cardiovascular Diseases
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine: Internal Medicine
- Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, Doctor of Medicine
- University of South Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Biology
Phi Sigma Honor Society
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Certified in Cardiovascular Disease ad Interventional Cardiology, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Vascular Certified in Endovascular Medicine, Vascular Medicine
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Certified as a Doctor of Medicine