We feel fortunate to have received reflections from our patients about how Newman Regional Health has helped them. Here are some of our favorites:
- “I truly believe that if I hadn’t come in for the [sleep] study, I probably would have had a heart attack, stroke, or even worse, a shorter life. When me and my wife arrived for the actual overnight study itself, Ashlie was such a blessing. She explained all of the symptoms that I was experiencing to a tee. She also spent lots of time connecting the dots for me and my wife about how all of these symptoms were due to the fact that I wasn’t sleeping. We learned so much through this process about how important it is to get the proper amount of sleep. I am so thankful for The Sleep Disorders Center.” – T.L.
- “Made our first trip to the new ER and was very pleased with the experience. Everybody was great! Max, the nurse, was very helpful and Dr. Watters was spot on with what was going on with my daughter. Plus, the new ER looks amazing.” – A.P.
- “I was in for a [procedure] last Tuesday morning and was really impressed with the staff who attended me from admittance to release. Over the years before we moved to Emporia, I’ve had the procedure done a couple of times elsewhere, and never before have I been treated as well as I was Tuesday. The staff were friendly, professional and accommodating. I felt like part of an extended family the whole time. Please express my gratitude to them for an outstanding job.” – A.B.
- “I was terrified and alone but the nurses were very kind. Whoever stuck me with the IV was absolutely wonderful! I was freaked about getting an IV but she was very gentle.” – M.W.
- “My experience has truly been amazing so far! The security guard gave my daughter a teddy bear before even being seen cause he could tell she wasn’t feeling well! Dr. Brown is awesome, funny, & truly cares for his patients! His nurse was Mont and she was amazing as well.” – K.C.
- “I recently required an 8-day hospital stay. My health issues required Cardiologist, Dr. Michael Lloyd, and his team, the ICU and Physical Therapy. The nursing staff was most highly professional and wanted me to get well so I could go home. I truly felt a TEAM effort and a TEAM attitude of success.” – J.M.
- “While visiting Emporia, I fell and hit my head and I was taken to the ER. I was most impressed with the nurses and Dr. Brown who ordered the CT scan and x-rays and many other tests. After the tests came back clear I was released home. I just want to say thank you to your staff for the excellent care while in your hospital.” – M.F.
- “A big pat on the back to Newman Regional Health ER!!! My daughter had a stroke and due to the fast work of Dr. Watters and the gals in the ER getting her the medications she needed before being shipped, she is looking at a full recovery!!! We tend to voice about the bad and don’t say thanks for the great things. Thanks again.” – S.I.
- “It has been a very interesting/scary couple of weeks for me. Two weeks ago I came to the ER with chest pains. After multiple attempts, it took a nitro patch to get my blood pressure under control. Diagnosis= hypothyroid. Saturday night my stomach was tight like a basketball and the pain got to be too much to handle. I went to the ER around 4:00. After blood tests, an MRI and an ultrasound, they found that my gallbladder was infected. They admitted me on Sunday morning and I had a two-hour surgery on Monday. Surgery was a success and I go home today. I can’t give enough praise to the nurses here. Lorna was my ER nurse both visits. She is a traveling nurse and was more than awesome both times. This last visit I also had Hannah in the ER.
During my stay on the fourth floor, I had five angels taking care of me. Joy, Kim, Bobby, Amanda, and Chelsea. These ladies were a blessing from God and the care that they provided was astronomical, to say the least. I can’t go without a shout out to all of the doctors, Dr. Tovar, Dr. Detwiler and my surgeon Dr. Turner.” – S.B.
- “While recently hospitalized at Newman, I received outstanding care! Dr. Anna La Sota was so thorough and compassionate. She took the time to explain what was going on and why. She also listened to my concerns. I felt like she helped me to be part of my “health care team.” Also, the nursing staff on the third floor was wonderful, especially Kaitlin! I was very impressed with my care and would not hesitate to recommend Newman to anyone!” – J.L.
- “A big shout out to the nurses, CNAs, and the cardiology group for the great care my mother received this week! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” – M.H.
- “I have to say that Newman Regional Health Hospital and the Newman Therapy Floor is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. My mom was treated with respect, care, kindness, and love. The Newman Nurses and Therapy Team was truly an extension of our family #InpatientRehabilitation. Thank you Newman Regional Health for your pursuit to excellence you have touched our hearts and our souls to truly understand what community and friends can really do.” – J.F.
We work to promote healthy living and provide comprehensive care and services for each and every patient who walks through the door. Contact us to learn more about our services and how we can help you enrich your life through high quality care and education.