Helping You Recover and Reach Your Greatest Potential Following a Disabling Injury or Illness
Life sometimes brings unexpected challenges. The inpatient rehabilitation unit at Newman Regional Health (located on the 2nd floor, south) is dedicated to helping patients who have been affected by conditions such as stroke, neurological disorders, orthopedic procedures, hip fractures, amputations, and major trauma.
We provide intensive therapy programs that assist patients in developing new skills, relearning previous skills, and fostering a healthy return to enjoyable life activities. Patients find our program is different from a routine hospital stay. We believe that caring for patients means helping them learn to do as much for themselves as possible.
Patients participate in:
- One-on-one therapy
- Group treatment
- Community re-entry and adaptive leisure activities
- Patient and family education
- Other goal-directed activities
Our rehabilitation specialists strive to help the patient improve in mobility, strength, and independence while providing hope and encouragement to the patient and family.
Goals may include:
- Maximize independence in activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, meal preparation, etc.
- Achieve safe mobility with or without adaptive equipment
- Improve balance and coordination and prevent falls
- Maximize communication skills
- Improve swallowing ability
- Enhance knowledge of available resources at discharge
The rehabilitation unit accepts referrals from physicians, healthcare professionals, family members, and patients themselves. Following a referral, a pre-admission assessment is arranged and completed at no charge.
We also offer these rehabilitation therapies:
For more information, download our inpatient rehabilitation brochure.
In addition to the visiting hours listed below, we ask that you do not visit patients during their meal times. You are welcome to stay in the waiting room or in the patient's room while they eat in the dining room.
Visiting hours are every day from 2 – 4 pm and 7 – 8:30 pm.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Newman Regional Health
Phone: (620) 343-6800, ext.2200
1201 W. 12th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Emporia, KS 66801